EDI connections are all about establishing electronic communications with our business partners for win-win relationship. Both partners benefit through improved accuracy, reduced administration costs and elimination of manual errors that contribute to high transaction costs.
Additional benefits to using EDI include:
- Elimination of paper, (i.e., orders, invoices, shipping schedule etc.)
- Elimination of double data entry, (i.e., invoices can be received directly into an accounts payable system without unnecessary keying of information and the potential for mistakes.)
- Gain efficiency - no more mail delays, lost paper invoices, etc.
- Improve communications - reduce misunderstandings when orders are placed on the phone, (ie. errors in writing down instructions, rereading instructions and listening)
- EDI results in benefits for both trading partners. By avoiding costly paper-handling procedures, improving accuracy, shortening cycle time, and enhancing business communications and business processes, EDI is one of the vehicles EMD uses to make it easier and more profitable for you to do business with us.
EMD is EDI-enabled for a wide range of transactions - including: purchase order, purchase order confirmation, invoice, release, and advance ship notice.